1 Sitio(s) de ejecución
Ivan V., born in 1932, remembers: " The pit had been filled badly. It was during the summer and there was a dreadful stench that spread into the fields. So two weeks after the first shooting, the residents were requisitioned to put some lime and some sand on the pit.” (Witness N°737 interviewed on April 29, 2014)
“We anticipated that an aktion was going to be carried out in the ghetto because workshops were hermetically sealed. We went out and we lined up in rows. Meanwhile, the Germans entered the workshops and conducted an inspection there to look for hidden children. I saw them taking out approximately 10 children and throwing them in a truck by their hands or feet, like pieces of wood. The blood flowed in streams from the heads of the children.” [Deposition of Mordechaj M., a Jewish survivor, December 1960, BALAR-Z94/59Vol.II-B162-3409]
Slukhovichi is a small village 3 km north of the city of Novogrudok. There were no Jews living in Slukhovichi before the war. About 13,000 Jews lived in Novogrudok and represented half of the population. It was home to the Novardok Yeshiva, an internationally recognized and respected Talmudic school. The majority of Jews were artisans or held small trades. The Germans occupied the village at the end of June 1941.
On August 7, 1942, most of the remaining Jews in the Novogrudok ghetto were killed in pits in a forest south of the village of Slukhovichi. According to a witness interviewed by Yahad, several men from the village were requisitioned to dig the pit. Another slaughter took place on February 4, 1943, at the same location, during which several hundred Jews working in military barracks in Novogrudok were killed.
For further information about the execution of the Novogrudok Jews, please consult the Novogrudok profile.
¿Tiene información adicional con respecto a un pueblo que le gustaría compartir con Yahad?
Por favor contáctenos a email@example.com
o llamando a Yahad – In Unum at +33 (0) 1 53 20 13 17