Gorki | Mogilev

Execution of Jews in Gorki

1 Sitio(s) de ejecución

Memoriales:
Yes
Período de ocupación:
1941-1944

Nota histórica

Gorki is located 60 kilometers from Mogilev.  Before the war, there was a Yiddish school and a Jewish department in the local agricultural institute. These two institutions closed in 1939. There were 2,031 Jews living in the village in 1939. The German occupation began on July 12, 1941.

Holocausto por balas en cifras

The anti-Jewish measures began in September 1941. Because of an accusation of sabotage, the Germans gathered a dozen Jewish men. These men were brought by truck to the village of Bistroye and were shot. On October 6th, 1941, members of the EK8 arrived in Gorki and selected 16 men in order to dig 2 graves at the location called “Belyy Ruchey” near the agricultural institute. 2,500 Jews including 300 from Gorki were asked to come with their valuables. Then, these Jews were put in groups of 100 people to go to the graves, they were ordered to get undressed before being shot with machine-guns. According to different sources, children from an orphanage were killed at the same site in 1942.

Otros enlaces

Pueblos cercanos

Para apoyar el trabajo de Yahad-in Unum por favor considere hacer una donación

¿Tiene información adicional con respecto a un pueblo que le gustaría compartir con Yahad?

Por favor contáctenos a contact@yahadinunum.org
o llamando a Yahad – In Unum at +33 (0) 1 53 20 13 17