1 Sitio(s) de ejecución
Natalia S.: “We heard shouting and crying, then a burst of shooting. Then, we children ran towards the shooting site. The shooting had ended by then, but the pit was not yet filled in. The Germans went to the village to requisition residents to fill it in.” (Witness N°756, interviewed in Dubniki, on May 19, 2014)
Dubniki is a very small village situated 150km southwest of Minsk, close to the village of Lyuban. In 1939, in Lyuban, there were more than 1000 Jewish inhabitants. The village was under German occupation from 1941 to 1944.
On August 2, 1941, one month after the Germans’ arrival, a selection was conducted and between 150 and 200 Jewish men from Lyuban were killed in a gravel pit near the village of Dubniki.
In September 1941, a ghetto fenced in with barbed wire was set up in the western part of the village of Lyuban, around Pervomayskaya Street. It was guarded by Germans and local policemen. According to eyewitnesses interviewed by Yahad, adult Jews were forced to work. This labor included cleaning or repairing roads.
On November 8, 1941, 50 Jewish men were shot, as a reprisal action in response to a partisan attack. On December 4, 1941, the ghetto was liquidated by an SS detachment from Glusk. The Jews were escorted in a column by foot, and shot in pits near the Machine Tractor Station (MTS).
For more information about the executions of Jews in Lyuban please see the Lyuban's profile.
¿Tiene información adicional con respecto a un pueblo que le gustaría compartir con Yahad?
Por favor contáctenos a email@example.com
o llamando a Yahad – In Unum at +33 (0) 1 53 20 13 17