1 Sitio(s) de ejecución
Daraganovo is located about 170 km northwest of Mogilev. The first Jews started to settle down in the village in 1903. Back then, there were 127 Jews living in the village. There was a cheder and a prayer house. In 1925, a Jewish kolkhoz, named Kavgary, was founded. One year later, an artisan cooperative was created. In 1926, about 60 families lived in the village. The village was occupied by Germans in July 1941. By that time many Jews managed to evacuate, leaving behind about a hundred Jews who stayed in the village.
Shortly after the Germans arrived, the Jews were registered and marked with yellow distinguishing badges. They had to perform heavy forced labor. The first execution was conducted against 11 Jews accused of being Soviet activist on September 6, 1941. Shortly after, the remaining Jews were confined to the ghetto and stayed there until May 1942. During the liquidation of the ghetto, 73 Jews were shot in the forest not far from the village. The shooting was conducted by Einsatzkommando 8. The last execution was carried out against the children of mixed marriages on January 25, 1943.
¿Tiene información adicional con respecto a un pueblo que le gustaría compartir con Yahad?
Por favor contáctenos a firstname.lastname@example.org
o llamando a Yahad – In Unum at +33 (0) 1 53 20 13 17