1 Sitio(s) de ejecución
Mariya V. describes: “There were local police and a mayor. The local policemen had uniforms. The mayor was Russian or Ukrainian, his name was Ernst.” (Witness N°1841, interviewed in Bogorodchany, on September 5, 2013)
Bohorodchany, established in 1441, is a town situated about 19 km South West of Ivano-Frankivsk. As part of Poland before WWII, it was occupied by the Soviet army in September 1939 and by German forces in early July 1941. Today, it is a part of Ukraine.
According to Maria V. (Witness N°1841), born in 1925, interviewed by the Yahad-In Unum team, who witnessed the shootings from her house, situated near the cemetery, the Bogorodchany Jews were shot at the Jewish cemetery. It appears that they were brought to the shooting site in groups of 10-20 people. As it was rather common throughout the entire district, the Jews were shot into the pit while walking on a plank.
¿Tiene información adicional con respecto a un pueblo que le gustaría compartir con Yahad?
Por favor contáctenos a firstname.lastname@example.org
o llamando a Yahad – In Unum at +33 (0) 1 53 20 13 17