2 Sitio(s) de ejecución
Pavel Z. evokes : "All the Jews were shot together. There were children, women and men. They were shot in the forest, called Krasna Gorka, which was not that big at that time. Today, there is a monument there.“ (Witness N°259, interviewed in Andrushivka in October 2005)
Andrushivka is located 35 km southeast of Zhytomyr. The Jewish community was rather small and represented only 10% of the total population. The village was occupied by Germans in the middle of July 1941. By that time, some Jews managed to evacuate or, in the case of young men, they were enrolled in the Soviet army.
Immediately after the Germans’ arrival, all the Jews were registered, forced to wear distinguishing signs and forced to perform different kind of labor, like cleaning and farm work, but they continued living in their houses until the creation of the ghetto in the second half of August 1941. Before all the Jews were confined to the ghetto, on August 19, 252 Jews were rounded up and shot in the forest. The execution was carried out by Germans assisted by local police. The ghetto was liquidated in May 1942, during which time 223 Jews were murdered. Only several Jewish specialist workers were left and sent to the camp in Berdychiv, where they were killed shortly thereafter, in July 1942.
For more information about killings in Berdychiv, please refer to the corresponding profile
¿Tiene información adicional con respecto a un pueblo que le gustaría compartir con Yahad?
Por favor contáctenos a email@example.com
o llamando a Yahad – In Unum at +33 (0) 1 53 20 13 17