1 Sitio(s) de ejecución
Ona S. recalls: "They were walking on foot. 4 partisans guarded them. At first they were locked in a barn in Linkuva. Then they were brought here for the shooting.
Y.U.: Were those guarding the Jews walking on foot too?
Ona S.: Yes, they were all walking on foot. At first there were 4 partisans. Later some Germans arrived by car. They took some pictures.
Y.U.: When exactly did those Germans arrive?
Ona S.: The Jews were here already. The Germans arrived when the shooting had already started. They took some photos." (Eyewitness N°31, interviewed in Dvariūkai, on December 03, 2013)
The village of Dvariūkai was a part of Linkuva region. Most of the Jews of Linkuva earned their living from commerce, small industry, agriculture, or crafts. There were 16 Jewish farmers in the area. 14 of them lived in Dvariūkai.
In 1940, with the annexation of Lithuania to the USSR, all the town’s factories and stores, mainly owned by Jews, were nationalized. On June 23, 1941, after the Soviet withdrawal from Lithuania hundreds of Jews escaping eastward from Šiauliai and the neighboring towns found refuge in Linkuva and remained there. Most of the town's Jews were forcibly held in stables and warehouses, where they were brutally attacked. In the summer of 1941, 200 Jewish men were killed near the village of Dvariūkai. The victims came from Linkuva, along with Jewish refugees who had fled to the village.
¿Tiene información adicional con respecto a un pueblo que le gustaría compartir con Yahad?
Por favor contáctenos a firstname.lastname@example.org
o llamando a Yahad – In Unum at +33 (0) 1 53 20 13 17